Further Education and Training Certificate: Public Awareness Promotion of Dread Disease and HIV/AIDS
F E T Certificate: Public Awareness Promotion of Dread Disease and HIV/AIDS Level 4
NQF Level 4 (Credits 166) – SAQA ID: 74410 (HWSETA Accredited)
This qualification is intended to enable lay people and/or health care workers to help individuals and/or groups to approach the HIV/AIDS pandemic and any other dread disease in an integrated way so that the condition may be managed satisfactorily. The care worker will be able to assist those suffering from or living closely with such conditions as HIV/AIDS and/or other dread disease to understand and accept the condition and take positive and necessary steps to enrich the quality of life of the sufferer and deal with the consequences of the pandemic.
- Communication at NQF Level 3.
- Mathematical Literacy at NQF Level 3.
- Community Health Care
- Participatory Community Development
- Adult Training & Development
- HIV Treatment & Nutrition
- Theories & principles of counselling
- HIV Counselling & Testing
- Communication for occupational purposes
- Introduction to mathematics & statistics
Learners successfully completing this Qualification will be able to:
- Communicate with individuals and groups to generate understanding of the HIV/AIDS or other dread disease pandemic.
- Provide knowledge of the causes and effects of infectious diseases including all sexually transmitted diseases to enable individuals and communities to combat their occurrence.
- Engage with individuals and groups to apply means to improve own and district health status.
- Community development
- Community Health Work
- Health and Emergency services
- Youth Development
- Social Work
- Primary Health Care
- Health studies
Bristol Training college
Advancing Knowledge Transforming Lives