National Certificate boiler making
National Certificate Boiler Making (N1-N3)
The purpose of this qualification is to prepare the learner to:
- Mark off and fabricate structural steel and other metal stock.
- Make or repair metal products and structures which may include pressure vessels and pipes.
Note: Products include but are not limited to: Manufacture or repaired metal structures, vessels, pipe systems, pressure vessels, heavy duty equipment, sheet metals, road tankers, oilrig stations, mechanical chassis, bins, water tanks, yachts, work boats, high speed vessels, square to rounds, cones, boilers, ducting, water tubes, shell boiler, railway trucks, chutes etc.
National Certificate Boiler Making N1
Grade 9 (Std. 7) with Mathematics and Physical Science, or equivalent.
- Mathematics N1
- Engineering Science N1
- Metal work theory N1
- Plating & Structural steel drawing N1
SAQA ID 67109
National Certificate Boiler Making N2
N1 National Certificate or equivalent
- Mathematics N2
- Engineering Science N2
- Platers theory N2
- Plating & Structural steel drawing N2
SAQA ID 67375
National Certificate Boiler Making N3
N2 National Certificate or equivalent
- Mathematics N3
- Engineering Science N3
- Mechano Technology N3
- Plating & Structural steel drawing N3
SAQA ID 67491
A qualified learner will be able to:
- Interpreting drawings and develop patterns and templates.
- Select, caring for and use/operate trade related hand tools, equipment and machines.
- Cut and weld materials and components for fabrication.
- Fabricate components and/or structures.
- Erect and assemble plate and pipe components and structures.
The Department of Higher Education and Training is the examining body for this course. At the end of your studies, you will have to write an external examination set up by the DHET. To qualify to write the exam, you must complete all your assignments and tests before the closing dates, so that we can generate a predicate mark for you.
Upon successful completion of the N1- N3 National Certificates, learner will be awarded a National National Certificate from the Department of Education on the receptive level completed
Bristol Training college
Advancing Knowledge Transforming Lives