National certificate community health work
National Certificate Community Health Work Level 4
NQF Level 4 (Credits 156) – SAQA ID: 64697 (HWSETA Accredited)
This Qualification is for any individual who is, or wishes to be, involved in Ancillary Health Care services. A learner who has achieved this qualification will integrate a range of awareness and competences to practice the roles of health promoter, health provider and health networker within a community development context.
Learners working towards this Qualification will find that the acquisition of competence in the Unit Standards, which make up the Qualification, will add value to their work performance. This Qualification is intended to enhance the provision of entry-level service within the field of health care within all sectors.
Learners with a full matric pass with the following:
- Mathematical Literact at NQF Level 3
- Communication at NQF Level 3 in a First South African Language
- Communication at NQF Level 3 in a Second South African Language
- Computer Literacy at NQF Level 3 is strongly recommended.
- Learners without a matric will complete the bridging course consisting of the fundamentals
Module 1 – communication
Module 2 – Numeracy
Module 3 – Assist in planning and implementing promotion programmes for Health Care within communities.
Module 4 – Provide Community Health Care
Module 5 – Achieve ancillary health care objectives within own community/work context.
Recipients of this qualifications will be able to:
- Facilitate and administer community health activities/centre via supervision of a team of health care workers
- Provide community health care
- Provide care for persons with intellectual and physical disabilities
- Assist in planning advocacy campaigns to support primary health care initiatives
- Assist in facilitating and implementing primary health care projects within the community
- Engage in inclusive communication with the Deaf in South Africa
This qualification allows you to move horizontally towards:
- ID 62589: Further Education & Training Certificate: Pharmacist Assistant, NQF Level 4
- ID 50019: Further Education & Training Certificate: Nursing, NQF Level 4
- ID 58396: Further Education & Training Certificate: Community Development: HIV/AIDS Support, NQF Level 4
This qualification allows you to move vertically towards:
- ID 63969: National Certificate: Pharmaceutical Sales Representation, NQF Level 5
- National Certificate: Business Studies: Medical Secretary, NQF Level 5
- ID 59236: National Diploma: Nursing, NQF Level 5
Bristol Training college
Advancing Knowledge Transforming Lives